Monday, January 7, 2008

I Miss Having the Blog in My Life...

Ladies,
I returned to the blog today to try to figure out when Scott and I had our first date. I was immediately sucked in and read almost all of it (while I was suppose to be working!). I realized how much I missed it and hearing about yours lives. It was actually so healing and I am committing myself to coming back to it. Now...it won't be much fun alone, so who's with me?
Here's where I am nearly 1 year post Vegas (can you believe it???)...
I really wonder if the pants are magical. When I read where I was emotionally last year, it is amazing how far I have come. I am not sure there has ever been a year in my life where so much has changed. I welcome all of you to reflect on what has changed for you this year. It's that idea of the "pursuit of happiness" that I talked about way back then. As human beings, we all seem to keep striving, growing, imagining, evolving. It's like it is our nature to pursue that elusive "happy". And all along the way, I guess you have to stop and appreciate that things are good right now. That right in this moment, everything is exactly how it should be. There is something so comforting about that to me. Before this past year, I am not sure I really understood or appreciated what it meant to "live in the moment", while still growing and striving for what you want in life. I have changed profoundly, because I have learned first hand, how fragile everything you think you "have" really is. I read a meditation awhile back that said something about how no one really "owns" anything or has any "control" over anyone. We are all just on this earth and are really "borrowing" everything that is ours. It all really belongs to the universe. You could get really depressed thinking about that and say "OMG! I have NO control over anything in my life!" or maybe it could bring comfort to know that we are all just really part of something much bigger than our little lives??? Not sure that makes sense? Anyway, I really want to hear how everyone is doing and what you are all thinking about these days. I love you all dearly!
Shelby

No comments: