Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Do I Have a Sign On Me That Says "Crazy Bitches: Please Hassle Me!"

What is it about me and crazy people wanting to harass me through text messages? As you may recall, Scott's soon-to-be ex got her kicks that way and now, one of a mom of one of Aiden's friends is sending me harassing messages. When will my life stop feeling like a soap opera? Basically, there is this slimy, slutty mom who totally befriended me when I was going through everything. Then she stops calling and I find out that she is spending all sorts of time going to dinner, lunch, ice skating, etc. with Bryan and my children. I find this out because my own kid is telling me how much he "loves Janie" and that she is "dad's girlfriend". I am upset by this on many levels. One: it touches my betrayal buttons. Even though she wasn't really the type of person I wanted to be friends with, the thought of being the "last to know" again and being humiliated is more than I can stand, two: it touches on that place deep inside me that, despite how much I don't want Bryan back, why wasn't I good enough? third: it hurts to have your own child talking about loving some other woman in their lives and reminds me that someday I am going to have to deal with Bryan having a new girlfriend/spouse who will be getting to spend 1/2 of my kids lives with and having that part of them that I never will. I am sure there are more reasons while it is upsetting...So I think I am doing the adult thing by checking it out with Bryan, instead of believing a three-year-old and I ask him if he is dating this woman. He says "no"...we have a discussion about it and I try to explain why I am upset. I think this is my first mistake and perhaps the lesson I am suppose to learn here...I cannot, under any circumstances, use Bryan to process my feelings. If I needed to check it out with him, I should have simply done that and hung up and talked to someone else about how I was feeling. So long story short, I guess Bryan tells this woman that I have been asking about whether or not they are dating and now I have three crazy, ranting, harassing e-mails. I asked Bryan what he told her and he says "I just told her that you asked if we were dating." I think he is lying. Clearly he told her more about how upset I was, because I did say some unflattering things about her to Bryan. OOOPS! I am HUMAN! Or maybe she is reacting so strongly to all of this because, despite what she claims, her intentions are NOT pure with my ex! Either way, I am not in a good place today. I am going to try to just put myself above all of this junior high behavior and try to move forward.

1 comment:

"Lucky pants" Liz said...

Shelby,
I'm sorry to hear that you've even having to go through all this nonsense; keep your stength and your wits about you and don't engage in Bryan's antics. Remember how wonderful you are and how you're now with someone who reflects that back to you. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!