Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm officially in "the club"

Hey gals
What were you all doing at 7:15 this morning? Lucky me...I had my very first baseline mammogram bright & early today, so now as Liz informs me, I am amongst fellow "club" members....not sure that this is a club I want to be a part of, but hey, we need to take care of ourselves now don't we? No problems here but my OB/GYN thought that I should get a baseline mammo prior to getting pregnant again and after all I am 35 so this is how things go. So..I was all geared up for the pain that I often hear associated with this right of passage & then had a little talk with myself to remind myself that I gave birth in the absence of an epidural (not by my choice I might add). If I could do that, then I could do anything. Of course, I wore the Pants so you gals would be with me in spirit. So...I get there, begin the process & the machine shuts down-they send me out to the waiting room for only about 5 minutes (to increase my anxiety I suppose??) and I am called back in. It was over in about 2 minutes & I swear to you I felt absolutely no pain or discomfort at all. I was actually shocked when the tech told me I was done. I for some reason was expecting much worse. I have to say, the most uncomfortable thing for me was the way my shoulder was pressed against the darn machine and even that was so minor that it was not even worth complaining about. So.. all in all, a fine experience for me. The tech showed me my breasts on the screen (as if I know what I am looking for...but I saw nothing that looked out of the ordinary so that is good) & she complimented me and said that I was lucky that I was young & that my breasts weren't saggy or droopy. That cracked me up. Now lets hope the films are all AOK. It is incredible how the mind wanders. I have absolutely no concerns with my health right now Thank God, but just the mere fact that someone is going to read my films to make sure everything is fine causes a little bit of anxiety. But I am not letting that get to me.

Oh & in other health news...you may or may not know that I had a little baby tooth that had no "grown up" tooth behind it...dentists have been telling me for years that it should be taken out & an implant should be put in its place (a simple procedure in which they screw a metal rod into the bone in my gums-now that sounds pleasant doesn't it?)So, I have been putting it off for years now since the baby tooth was still in it place not bothering anyone. And yesterday, I did it-I had it removed! I am wondering if the tooth fairy will pay me a visit? So why now you ask? Well, the other dental issue I have is that the good old space that I had in between my 2 front teeth that was fixed when I had braces back in 7th grade is bugging me (I had some stupid bonding as a temp fix but that was taken off yesterday too).So now the big question: Do I go on like Lauren Hutton with a big old gap in between my teeth or do I get braces again? I am actually considering braces- so, I might be looking real pretty soon. I will post some picts if & when that day comes. So braces & a dental implant & thousands of dollars later, perhaps my smile will be extra special. Of course my dentist & Bri think that the space is cute, but I have some other thoughts about this "cuteness".
OK now that I have rambled on about dental issues & mammograms, which I am sure you are all so excited to read about, I suppose I should get back to work.

A little peek into the Melissa Wynn world for a moment...

Chat with you all soon.

No comments: