Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July on the Farm...

Hey gals
Well as the keeper of the Pants, I feel compelled to post updates here. Not much news to report other than the fact that the Wynn family absolutely loves the new house. We had our 1st party yesterday for 4th of July & it was really great. My aunt kept saying that "life on the farm" is really cool. Our yard is ridiculously large that we crack up at times. We had simultaneous games going yesterday that we felt like we were running summer camp. Bacce ball on one side (what fun I might add-we are getting back to our Italian roots with this one), horseshoes, badminton, kickball, softball, you name it, we offered it. It is incredible how these silly little games can bring the family together. I know this sounds corny, but we had such a good day of bonding. Not to mention that I was so not even worried that my house is still in a shambles. As my mom stated beautifully "who cares if your walls are painted & there are boxes still unpacked- being together is what is important." Amen to that! So, we rounded off the night with S'mores by the bonfire in lieu of driving to find fireworks. Did I mention that my 90 year old Nana was even playing Bocce? I will send some pictures for you to see the fun. I can't wait to plan the next shindig over here. So...you gals need to come East to share in our excitement. And now if the rest of my rooms can get painted & the rest of the carpet can be replaced I will be one Happy Camper for sure. Hmm is it fate that I won on that Happy Camper machine in Vegas. Who knew???

2 comments:

"Lucky pants" Liz said...

Love the pics you sent...life on the farm does look pretty cool. Oh, and with the way things are going, Bri best start building a 15 foot wall around your compound to keep the suitors away (Emily's eyes and curls kill me).

Shelby said...

I love how you describe your house and the love that is all around it! I cannot wait to visit! I have a new found love for all things Jersey. You sure know how to grow your boys out there!